Families and Friendship

 


I am an ESL teacher and love teaching my international students. Today I assigned my students to blog about friendships, their currents friends here or back home in their country. Some of us talked about how our siblings or cousins can be considered best friends. This weekend I had the privilege of having my sister and my two nieces come down to enjoy Salt Lake City with us. It was wonderful seeing the cousins reunited again after not seeing each other for about six months.

I raised my children in Southern California. I lived in a great community in northern San Diego, Vista. My sister lived about 45 minutes away in the OC (Orange County.) My sister and I are very close and we made a conscious decision (we both have three) that our children would grow up as a tight-knit family by doing countless activities together and spending time with one another. Consequently they have become best friends/cousins. My son and my nephew have done cousin-only trips to Mexico, Canada, and Puerto Rico. My niece Desiree (my oldest niece) gives mom advice to my daughter. The youngest of our three, my son and his female cousin, are like two peas in a pod, even sharing a similar smile and hidden dimples. It has been wonderful seeing our children stay close and be so happy to see each other this weekend as we danced together, ate some wonderful food together, and sang together as we Karaoke'd the night away. I'm so happy that both my sister and I have created a life long legacy of friendships in our family. 







Comments

Popular Posts